Shipping Policies and Disclaimer.
• Wine is shipped consumer-to-consumer. Title to the wine passes from the winery to the consumer in California and the consumer engages Amador Shipping to act on their behalf to deliver the wine where they wish. We collect California + Amador County Sales Tax on each wine sale, currently 7.75%
• Sorry, but we cannot ship our wines to Alabama, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia or Wisconsin.
• We assume no liability for the delivery of the shipments or for loss or damage by any cause, including heat and cold, to packages or their contents while in transit. We are not liable for carrier’s failure to make timely delivery on date specified. Unless additional value is declared, the maximum carrier-provided insurance coverage for each package is $100. Insurance does not cover heat, cold, seepage, or label and foil damage.
• All shipments are UPS Ground unless otherwise specified. Shipments of wine to Alaska or Hawaii are shipped UPS 2nd Day. The shipping company reserves the right to ship via other carriers at their discretion.
• Apparel, logo items and our estate-grown olive oil can be shipped anywhere in the United States.
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.
We picked the Sangiovese grapes for this wine in early August, even before we picked our white grapes, to ensure bright acidity and low alcohol. We took the grapes directly to the press to gently release the juice and acquire a delicate pink hue. Finished in the style of Prosecco.
This estate Cab is a rich, full bodied wine just beginning to approach maturity. The aroma hints of black currant and blackberry with overtones of earthy leather and dark chocolate. The fresh acidity propels the flavors across the palate while the firm tannins prolong the finish.
Members Only - Please Log In To Purchase
Simple and delicate, our second release of this spanish varietal is a refreshingly light bodied wine with lively aromas of honeysuckle and green apple. The fresh acidity and pleasant mouthfeel finish with hints of lemon and should make this wine one of your summertime favorites.
Gold Medal Winner - Amador County Fair
This Portuguese varietal is a wonderfully aromatic array of rich tropical and stone fruit aromas. Peaches, apricots, melons, citrus are all there for the discerning oenophile to savor. It offers a refreshingly pleasant alternative to Chardonnay with an elegant body, crisp acidity, and lingering finish that make it a natural pairing for seafood and Asian salads.
Our propietary blend of Zinfandel and Sangiovese has rich aromas of blackberry and other dark fruits on the nose, but also some hints of strawberry on the pallet. This wine is big and full bodied, with light sweet oak overtones. The firm and well integrated tannins are balanced by a fresh acidity which prolong a complex fruity finish. Picnics and BBQ are this Hussy’s table fare.
Barbera has established itself as the signature varietal of the Sierra Foothills. Our 2016 vintage expresses lush red fruit aromas, primarily red currant and bing cherry with slight hints of vanilla. This wine has a round mouthfeel, firm tannins, and a crisp acidity that drives the flavors across the palate to the rich, oaky, lingering finish.
Our 2014 vintage begins with traditional Tempranillo dark fruit aromas of black currant and dark cherries. As the wine opens up, it conveys a pleasant combination of earthiness and oak. It is round and velvety on the palate, with lively acidity balanced by smooth tannins and a fruity finish that lingers.
This Tempranillo expresses classic aromas of red and black currant with a touch of ripe cherry. On the palate, the red fruit picks up an earthy overtone that is amplified by the crisp, lively acidity. It is medium bodied and the soft, integrated tannins carryover into a lingering, fruity finish that beckons another sip.
Members Only - Please Log In To Purchase
Our 2013 Cabernet has a mixture of black currant and blackberry with a hint of smoke on the nose and just the slightest suggestion of bell pepper, reflective of the cooler than normal weather prevalent that year. Medium bodied, lively acidity, and soft tannins make this a very approachable Cabernet. Pair it with your summer BBQ and other traditional fare.
This release is a fruity, balanced wine that should please fans of Zinfandel. It shows plenty of black currant and blackberry aromas with just a hint of almond, adding in complexity. Full bodied with a round mouthfeel and pleasant acidity. The firm tannins combine with overtones of toast and coffee on the palate and the lingering finish shows hints of vanilla.
This vintage of Petite Sirah is a big wine with complex flavors that start with aromas of black currant, bing cherry and overtones of toast. The fruit continues on the palate enlivened by crisp acidity and firm tannins that linger in the finish. Still in it's youth, this wine will only improve with a little more time in the cellar.
Double Gold Medal - SF Chronicle Competition
Aromas of bright fruit, primarily red and black currant with slight overtones of raspberry. On the palate, ripe bing cherry comes to the fore with fresh acidity, a medium body mouthfeel and lively tannins that carry into the lingering finish. Load up the plate with meatballs, this wine is more of a super Tuscan style than a Chianti.