Shipping Policies and Disclaimers:
• Wine is shipped consumer-to-consumer. Title to the wine passes from the winery to the consumer in California and the consumer engages Amador Shipping to act on their behalf to deliver the wine where they wish. We collect California + Amador County Sales Tax on each wine sale, currently 7.75%
• Our wines are not shipped to Alabama, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Texas, Utah or Vermont.
• We assume no liability for the delivery of the shipments or for loss or damage by any cause, including heat and cold, to packages or their contents while in transit. We are not liable for carrier’s failure to make timely delivery on date specified. Unless additional value is declared, the maximum carrier-provided insurance coverage for each package is $100. Insurance does not cover heat, cold, seepage, or label and foil damage.
• All shipments are UPS Ground unless otherwise specified. Shipments of wine to Alaska or Hawaii are shipped UPS 2nd Day. The shipping company reserves the right to ship via other carriers at their discretion.
• Apparel, logo items and Olive Oil can be shipped anywhere in the United States.
Our version of this Sierra Foothills classic is not a high alcohol fruit bomb…but a balanced food friendly Zin with lots of interest. The ripe dark fruit has hints of blackberry and plum which vie with strong spice and clove overtones. The pallet is full bodied with firm tannins complementing a long lingering finish. Pair with a rich wintertime stew.
We picked the Saniovese for this wine in mid-August even before we picked our white grapes to ensure bright acidity and low alcohol. We took the grapes directly to the press to gently release the juice and then had the wine finished in the style of Prosecco.
Our new release of this Portuguese varietal is a wonderfully aromatic array of rich tropical and stone fruit aromas. Peaches, apricots, melons, citrus are all there for the discerning oenophile to savor. It offers a refreshingly pleasant alternative to Chardonnay with an elegant body, crisp acidity, and lingering finish that make it a natural pairing for seafood and Asian salads.
Our new Rosato is a delightfully aromatic wine with primary aromas of strawberry, bright cherry, and an intriguing hint of green apple. The light body and crisp acidity transition to a long pleasant finish and with its low alcohol it becomes the consummate summer refresher.
Our blend of Zinfandel and Sangiovese has rich aromas of blackberry and other dark fruits on the nose, but also some hints of strawberry on the pallet. This wine is big and full bodied, with light sweet oak overtones. The firm and well integrated tannins are balanced by a fresh acidity which prolong a complex fruity finish. Picnics and BBQ are this Hussy’s table fare.
Alicante is one of the few Vitis Vinifera grapes with red pulp and it makes a big dark bold wine. Ours has plenty of floral aromatics and lots of rich red fruit with overtones of raspberries and cherries. A round mouth feel, pleasant acidity and soft tannins make this wine a natural pairing for marbled red meats and most poultry dishes.
Our 2013 Cabernet has a mixture of black currant and blackberry with a hint of smoke on the nose and just the slightest suggestion of bell pepper, reflective of the cooler than normal weather prevalent that year. Medium bodied, lively acidity, and soft tannins make this a very approachable Cabernet. Pair it with your summer BBQ and other traditional fare.
Our 2014 release is a bit more structured than previous vintages and tastes more like a “super Tuscan’ than a Chianti style Sangiovese. The nose has intense aromas of dark berries, black cherry, and red currants, while the mouth feel is round and pleasant with well integrated tannins that allow the finish to linger. This wine has all the fresh fruit and acidity to pair well with any Italian dish, but this should be your go to Lasagna wine.
Our new release Petite Sirah is a complex wine with rich aromas of black currant and other dark fruits. On the pallet it delivers mature wine overtones such as dark chocolate, leather and coffee. The wine has a round fruity mouth feel, fresh acidity, and firm well integrated tannins that prolong a finish that ends with a light touch of sweet vanilla oak. Pair with marbled meat recipes.
This blend of 5 Portuguese grapes (Touriga Nacional, Tinta Cao, Tinta Rouiz, Souzao and Alvarelho) is a refreshing well balanced table wine. A sour cherry nose opens up on the pallet with an intriguing mix of red and black current aromas. A round mouthfeel, soft acidity, and light smooth tannins make this wine a perfect pairing with light pasta or fruity salads.